Candle Care and Safety
We want you to get the best out of your candle, and therefore we highly recommend that you follow best practice when it comes to burning them.
Use the following guidance to ensure you get an even, clean burn with a great scent throw.
- Ensure you burn the candle until there is an even melted wax pool that touches the sides of the glass. This can take up to 2 hours to achieve, but will ensure the wax memory is set and that no tunneling occurs.
- Don't burn the candle beyond 4 hours. Not only does a post-4 hour burn produce a lot of carbon on the wick, which will give black smoke emission during burn, but brain sensory adaption also occurs and the scent will appear to fade as your brain gets used to the smell. Take a time out and allow the melted pool to completely re-heal prior to lighting again. 2 hours is a good interval period and remember to trim the wick.
- Make sure that you trim your wick to 0.5mm prior to relighting. The wick comes trimmed for you and is ready to light, but after burning, the wick will become long and charred. If it is not trimmed, it will give off black smoke and may taint the scent of your candle. Your flame will not burn calmly unless trimmed.
- Do not dispose of matches or wick trimmings into the candle. This will taint the colour of the wax and the affect the scent.
At CandleCalm, the health and well-being of our customers is first and foremost!
We want you, your family, friends, guests and visitors to be stunned by our scents, but we want you to be safe while enjoying them. To that end, we highly recommend that you adhere to the following guidance notes to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Never place a lit candle near any sensitive or flammable materials and/or substances.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never leave a burning candle in the path of a draught or wind.
- Keep burning candles and their lighting media out of reach of children and pets.
- Never burn a candle on a fragile surface.
- Always burn candles on flat, level surfaces.
- Never leave a burning candle on a vibrating surface.
You and your interiors are what matters most to us. If you have any questions regarding candle quality and/or safety, please don't hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com